1. They cut down a big tree that was right beside the high school building.
2. I had to change my classroom . . . for the second time this year. The first time was near the beginning of the year. I started out in one classroom, but the 9th graders complained because they thought my room was bigger than their home room. So, they called up the maintanence men to measure it. My room was less than one meter bigger. Not only did I have to switch, but I had to move everything between classes one morning. This time at least I had a couple days to make the switch before classes began yesterday. The principal said they wanted to switch the tenth graders from their room because it was too dark, and some of the couples were getting too "comfortable" with each other. So, they wanted to move them to my room because it was brighter. I didn't want to insult anyone's intelligence by suggesting that they turn on the light. Plus, I think I like the new room better. We'll see how it goes. I'm sure it won't be long until they come up to me and say, "Uh . . . Bryan . . . the school accountant is feeling a bit cramped in his cubicle. Would you mind . . . "
3. One of my 11th graders asked me where the black market was in the U.S. We were talking about things being sold on the black market. He thought Black Market was like Wal-Mart or something.
4. In seventh grade class yesterday, the students were in pairs and they had to create a mock job interview. The person being interviewed had to choose a personality trait (forgetful, disorganized, bad-tempered, moody . . . etc.) and act that way. They were supposed to allow their acting to show their classmates which characteristic they had chosen, and their classmates were supposed to guess which one it was. I walked by one pair, and this is what they had written down:
Interviewer: So, How's your life?
Real subtle guys. I wonder if they'll guess that one.
5. There's actually one other story that is way funnier than those, but I'm not going to tell it.
Why not, Bryan?
Well, because it would take too long to explain and probably wouldn't make much sense.
Oh, and that thrilling room-changing story was easy to follow?
Plus, its not really appropriate.
Oh sure, now you're censoring the content of this blog?
You know what, maybe I just don't want to tell you. Maybe I just want you to wonder what was so funny. Maybe I want you to have trouble sleeping at night because the curiosity is eating at you.