Still . . . at 10:30 pm.
This morning I had a little run-in with one of those we don't speak of. It was the first one I've seen in the house since we moved here. Although I did see one running laps around our interior garden once. Anyway, he was at the bottom of the stairs near the downstairs bathroom (aka my bathroom). Who knows how close I came to stepping on him in my bare feet. He was laying on his back and kicking his feet. I think he was almost dead, but I made sure of it. I sprayed him with enough raid to kill a chipmunk. Then, a few minutes later when I went to ditch the body, I saw a big freaky centipede. I got the Raid back out and doused him good. That was at about 5:30 this morning, and the Raid odor is still present at 10:30 pm.
Do you guys even know me?
I must say I'm a little dissapointed by the responses to my last post. Three of my so-called friends don't know that I have a grandpa Crandall. I do. He's my mom's dad. That's right, mom's maiden name was Crandall. And Marci, you weren't right either, but I can understand your guess. I did actually make an eighth grader cry. It wasn't my fault that he came to class late twice this trimester (which is only a week old). I'd like to say that I was tough and gave him a boleta (like a detention) anyway, but I didn't. I gave him a stiff warning. What could I do? . . . he was crying.
I'm also a bit shocked and saddened by the fact that nobody picked number 5 as the lie. Do you really think that I would need a myspace reminder to tell me about my own wife's birthday? That one is actually true, but that's not the point.
The actual lie was number 6. I did not take Robin out on Friday night but rather on Saturday night. Duh!
Why I love Mondays:
I've come to the conclusion that Mondays are my favorite weekdays. In fact they are a very close third behind Saturday and Sunday as my favorite days overall. Here's why:
1. I have all my classes in a row and then the last period off. Its nice to get everything over with and be done at 2:25.
2. I have 7th graders in the first two periods. On other days when I have them later, they can be a bit crazy. They're still crazy on Monday mornings, but to a lesser degree.
3. I have 9th graders in my last two periods. 9th graders are completely the opposite. If I have them early, they are lifeless. When I have them later, they are a bit more active.
4. I have nothing to go to before class (as I do other days at 6:00) and nothing to stay for afterwards. I'm not saying that I don't like those things (basketball, music practice, mens Bible study . . . etc.), but its nice to have a break sometimes.
5. Basketball night. I really do look forward to it all week. I just got back tonight. Tonight was especially fun because I wasn't the "big man". On some nights, I am the biggest guy on our team, and I have to spend the whole night fighting with the giants from the other team. Tonight I got to run around and even touch the ball a little bit, and I didn't feel broken when I came home.